Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chicken Spaghetti

1 fryer chicken, boiled to tender and then remove meat from bone (save broth)
3 or 4 Tbsp. cooking oil
1 medium onion chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1 can Rotel
1 lb. velveeta cheese
1 box of uncooked spaghetti

Let onions and bell peppers fry in oil in frying pan until tender. Add 1 cup of broth from cooking the chicken and the can of Rotel. Let it all simmer a few minutes until not quite all of the juice is evaporated. While it is simmering, cook spaghetti in another pot until almost tender. Add the velveeta cheese to the onions/peppers/Rotel mixture BEFORE adding spaghetti. When cheese is melted, add chicken pieces, then add spaghetti. If it seems to be sticking, add a little water.
*CLARIFICATION* I make the onion/pepper/Rotel/cheese/chicken mixture in the frying pan. I cook the spaghetti in my biggest pot (I broiled the chicken in this pot first, dumped out unused broth, added new water, and cooked spaghetti) and then pour mixture from frying pan into the big pot. That way you make sure the pot is big enough to hold everything. Hope that helps!


My grandma and mom make this (I request it nearly every year for my birthday dinner), and it is DELICIOUS! I have made it once or twice, and I make enough to have about a 4 dinners off of it. Feel free to ask any questions if the directions don't make sense. Enjoy!
Melissa

1 comments:

Kathy said...

YOU CAN EVEN BOIL YOUR SPAGHETTI IN THE CHICKEN BROTH FOR MORE FLAVOR!

KATHY BAKER