Saturday, April 12, 2008

BBQ Brisket

10-15 lb brisket
1 bottle liquid smoke (there are several brands and I am not partial to any of them . I usually buy the cheapest)
1 cup of water
1 disposable baking bag
1 large bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce or 2 small bottles
roaster

Place the bag in the roaster
Place brisket in baking bag with the fat side on top
Pour in the whole bottle of liquid smoke and water all over the brisket
Cut 2-3 slits in the bag on the top
Tie up the bag and place in oven on 300 degrees for 4-5 hours. This is a wait and see type of situation. I have done this at night on 200 degrees for 8 hours.

Let the brisket cool for a while so that you can handle the meat. Slice it up into chunks and discard all the fat. Place into a crock pot and pour the BBQ sauce all over it. Stir and set the crock pot on low for 1 hour.

This is super yummy and tender. I usually serve it with my sister's potato salad (hint-hint) at family gatherings and holidays.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Heeeyyy, how come I wasn't invited to join your blog??!! I told you I thought it was a great idea AND I love to cook. Oh well, I guess I will just have to read all of your wonderful recipes and try them myself! :) Love you gals!

Misty said...

I bought all the stuff & am trying it this weekend. wish me luck.